Monday, November 24, 2008

airports

Tomorrow I am heading home for thanksgiving and I can not wait to be home.  However, there is one thing I am not looking forward to, the airport.  Thanksgiving time is known for packing every airport but that is not what bothers me about holiday traveling.  What bothers me is the attitude everyone seems to have while traveling.  

I try to stay positive whenever at the airport especially when the security lines are a mile long and my plane gets delayed two hours because 99.9% of the time the problem is out of my control and the people working at the security checkpoint and at the gate have nothing to do with the delays so there is no reason to get in their faces about the problems.  

What really grinds my gears are the people that find the need to chew out the employees at the airport and talk out loud about what their expert self believes the problem is and how easy it would be to fix it.  For some reason they believe that everyone else traveling wants to hear their solutions, but I for one do not.  If everyone just stood in line and maybe took some time to make small talk with everyone else in line the airport would be much more enjoyable.  

I plan on doing just that and arriving at the airport with amble time before my flight boards so I won't stress about missing my flight and I suggest, for the sake of everyone traveling, that you do the same.  

1 comment:

J.D. Steinbeck said...

I have this really weird fascination with airports. Like I would be totally OK with spending the night at the aiport. Especially around Christmas time. I don't know. It just reminds me a lot of Home Alone and that makes me happy.